Jobs in Occupational Health Nursing
If You Would Like To Have a Job Posted On This Site
To have a job posted on the MAOHN web site, please forward the job information to the MAOHN via email. Please make sure to include the following information:
- Job Title
- Job Description & Qualifications
- Contact Information
- Date the Job is to be removed from the site.
Our preference is to post the job information in .pdf format.
If a change is required after a job has been posted or if you would like to remove a job posting prior to the end date, than the individual who posted the job should contact the MAOHN to request this change to the job posting.
Staff Nurse / Employee Occupational Health Department
HCMC has a current opening for a Staff Nurse in our Employee Occupational Health department.
This position is a 1.0 FTE (10 shifts/ pay period), 8-hour day shifts.
Location: Minneapolis-Downtown Campus
The occupational health nurse uses public health principles to ensure the health and safety of Hennepin Healthcare System's employee population. The role provides assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing interventions aimed at increasing compliance with regulatory requirements and promoting health and safety. The occupational health nurse provides direct care to employees/clients in accordance with hospital and departmental policy/procedure. The occupational health nurse has primary responsibility for patients during clinic hours.
- Perform pre-placement and periodic surveillance screenings
- Assess and appropriately apply guidelines to manage blood and body fluid exposures, work related injuries and disease exposures
- Evaluate employees for suitability to work and apply work exclusion guidelines. Triage employees presenting to EOHW and provide services or referrals as appropriate
- Administer vaccines, skin testing and medication per standing orders
- Coordinate and execute programs such as respirator fit testing, vaccination and wellness campaigns
- Collaborate with other business units regarding employee health issues, including Infection Prevention, Safety, Human Resources, and Emergency Preparedness
- Accurately document data in the electronic medical record while maintaining employee confidentiality in all aspects of communication and documentation
- Analyze employee health data to ensure compliance and evaluate trends; and prepare associated reports as requested
- Create, review and revise as EOHW policy and procedure as necessary. Active involvement in quality improvement initiatives as assigned
- Maintain knowledge of current compliance and regulatory requirements pertinent to Occupational Health in a healthcare setting. Develop and deliver education to employees on health and safety topics as needed.
- Create and deliver educational presentations such as New Employee Orientation, New Leader Orientation
- Other duties as may be assigned and after appropriate training
- Two years professional Registered Nurse experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of nursing within 1 year of date of hire
- Possession of a valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of Minnesota
- Experience as an occupational health nurse preferred
- Experience in a hospital setting strongly preferred
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment. HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives.
We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We're driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for your consideration in submitting an application.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.
Department: Employee Occupational Health
To apply, please go to https://hcmc.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?job=180632&tz=GMT-05%3A00.
Date to Remove: 2018-05-15
Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner
Business Health Solutions, PC
Seeking Dynamic Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner
Location: Edina, MN
Business Health Solutions, PC is a leader in providing occupational health, safety, and environmental professionals and expertise to the business community. We are excited to have an opportunity with a valued client in Edina, Minnesota for an Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner. This position performs under the general direction of the Regional Health Director and within the general framework of the Health Services Operating Discipline and Clinical Guidelines of our client.
Clinical Care Role:
- Provide nursing assessment and interventions within the scope of practice of the practitioner. Assessment includes obtaining a complete history, performing a physical assessment noting deviations from the norm, ordering medical testing and making a nursing assessment. Interventions include selecting, administering or ordering medications, physical therapy, specialist consultations and recommending medical limitations or restrictions to activity, all within the Clinical Guidelines approved by the site physician.
- Evaluate employees with work-related injuries and illnesses and/or personal medical conditions for their fitness for duty. This includes obtaining and reviewing company and external health and position information, completing a medical history and performing any needed physical assessments in order to define the appropriate work placement for the employee's medical status.
- Provide travel health counseling and services for business travelers. This includes counseling on specific health concerns based on the traveler's itinerary and providing or arranging the recommended immunizations, medications or other interventions needed.
Case Management Role:
- Provide Case Management services, as defined in the Health Services Operating Discipline, for work related cases and for identified personal cases. Case management includes obtaining and reviewing health and position information on a case, developing a specific plan for returning the employee to the highest level of job capability given the medical condition and then monitoring, tracking and communicating progress.
- Medical Review Board (MRB) Participation. An MRB may be requested by the practitioner to address complex or difficult medical, job or personal issues complicating the management of a case. The practitioner will then contribute Health Services expertise to the MRB as it develops a strategy and will implement the specific steps identified for Health Services by that strategy.
Health Assessment Program Role:
- Develop the specific Health Assessment Program plan for assigned employee groups, using the Health Services Operating Discipline. This includes evaluating plant or department chemical and physical agent hazards, exposure information and regulatory and company standards to determine the specific testing and frequency needed for employees in the group. This process is done with the support of the Industrial Hygiene delivery technician with administrative support from Corporate Health Services.
- Provide Health Assessment services. This includes completing required physical assessments of employees noting deviations from the norm and performing other selected tests as needed at the site.
- Provide Health Assessment employee review. This includes reviewing the results of the history, physical examination, functional and laboratory testing and determining the need for follow-up or work place restrictions, all within the Clinical Guidelines approved by the site physician. These determinations are communicated to the employee in person or in writing. Determinations of the employee's fitness for work are communicated to management.
- Create Health Assessment Program Plant Health Report. Corporate Health Services will aggregate Health Assessment information for all employees in a plant or department. This information is reviewed to determine if any occupationally related health concerns or trends are noted for the group and also to assess the general preventive health status of the group. Aggregate reports must include 15 or more employees to be shared outside of Health Services. A formal report of the conclusions is prepared and sent to supervision and Delivery. If needed, additional interventions including potential follow-up studies will be developed. The Plant Health report may be communicated to employees in writing or by presentations.
- Provide Preventive Health Services. The practitioner provides health promotion and disease prevention strategies using primary, secondary and tertiary prevention principles. This role is met through individual employee counseling, participation in Plant Health Risk review and audits and through health education and training programs offered to employees using adult learning approaches. Regional Health Promotion Coordinator provides standard Corporate Health Services Programs and materials.
Business Health Solutions, PC offers competitive benefits, including healthcare, dental, vision, contribution to Health Savings Account Plan, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Education Assistance, Continuing Education Benefits, Certification Benefits, 401 (k).
To apply, please email email@example.com. You may also apply online at http://bhspc.net/candidate-panel/candidate-registration/.
Date to Remove: 2018-05-30
Occupational Health Registered Nurse
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann Company
Location: Welch, MN
Occupational Health Registered Nurse needed for an electric company located in Welch, MN.
Schedule: Immediate need - May 25th 7:00am- 3:00pm Monday-Friday
May 27th - July 27th 7:00AM-1:00PM Monday-Friday
Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Minnesota RN license
- Basic Occupational Health experience
What You Will Be Doing:
- Treat and triage injuries
- Pre-employment physicals
Recruiter: Louisa Grosh
Phone Number: 215.656.2646
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodations in the application process.
Date to Remove: 2018-07-27
Process Followed for MAOHN Job Postings:
- Company is to notify via email to: maohn.org their request for a job posting, preferable in .pdf format or appropriate reproducible format for website.
- Company is to include an "end date" for posting.
- Company is to include their contact information.
- Postings must be for an actual job position available, not open resume collection.
- Representative from PR committee for MAOHN, reviews the request for authenticity and appropriate venue for posting at maohn.org.
- If representative of PR committee of MAOHN approves the request, they are then to forward to our Webmaster, Eric Schmid, indicating he may post this job at our website.
- Webmaster will then individually post job for predetermined time.
- Company is responsible to notify maohn.org if they want job posting removed prior to deadline or if changes are needed to the posting.
- MAOHN is not responsible for the content of job posting accuracy, this is the sole responsibility of the company requesting free job posting.
- Job postings at MAOHN are a service to our membership and MAOHN does not earn revenue from job postings.